Acupuncture Clinic in Skaneateles
- Suffering from intense back pain? Our acupuncture treatments will have you feeling like new in no time.
- Maintain peak athlete performance with a few sessions of acupuncture to revitalize your body every week.
- Alleviate that excruciating neck pain to restore normal function and let your body heal.
Directions to Our Clinic
Our Orthopedic & Sports Acupuncture office is conveniently located on South Bay Road. To drive from Skaneateles, take NY-321 North to NY-5 East, take exit for I-690 East, hop onto I-81 North, then take a slight right onto South Bay Road. Our clinic is on the left. It’s a bit of a drive, about 26 miles, and it is well worth the trip.
Skaneateles is an affluent town/village located southwest of Syracuse. The name comes from the Iroquois term “skaneateles,” which means “long lake.” This is due to the towns’ location adjacent to the Skaneateles Lake. Nicknamed Skantown Skan, the area boasts picturesque landscapes and a warm, welcoming community. For more information about the village, click here.
- Population: approximately 7,200
- Longitude/latitude: 42°56’48”N 76°25’42”W
- Zip code: 13152
- Route 20 cuts directly through the middle of town.
- The best place to stay in Skaneateles is the Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, a high-end, 4-star French-inspired hotel on West Genesee Street.
- The nearest airport is the Syracuse Hancock International Airport, located at 1000 Col Eileen Collins Boulevard about 26 miles northeast of Skaneateles.
While the community is generally quite small, there is no lack of dining, shopping, and entertaining experiences for all to enjoy.
Top 5 Things to Do in Skaneateles
- Skaneateles Historical Society is the local museum on Hannum Street dedicated to the history of the town and village.
- Thayer Park is a gorgeous park on East Genesee Street located right along the water’s edge of the Skaneateles Lake.
- Blue Water Grill on West Genesee Street is a local favorite to enjoy food with a breathtaking lake view.
- Skaneateles YMCA & Community Center is located on State Street. Residents and visitors alike enjoy fun and educational activities all year round.
- Skaneateles Country Club is the lakeside golf course on Kane Avenue where members and guests participate in rounds of golf amongst the beautiful hills and greenery of the town.
- Frances Julia Barnes, who was an American temperance reformer
- Mary Elizabeth Beauchamp, who was an English-born American educator and author
- Barry Crimmins, who was a stand-up comedian, political satirist, activist, and author
Skaneateles is bounded by East Lake Street to the east, State Street to the north, Kane Avenue to the west, and the Skaneateles Lake to the south.
- Mottville is just due north
- Marietta is to the southeast
- Auburn is located to the west
Other Interesting Facts
- There are 7 properties throughout Skaneateles that are listed in the National Registry of Historic Places: Brook Farm, Community Place, James and Lydia Canning Fuller House, Hazelhurst, Kelsey-Davey Farm, Skaneateles Historic District, and Reuel E. Smith House.
- The town is known for its annual Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles, which takes place from Thanksgiving to Christmas in the Historic District (Genesee and Jordan streets).
Skaneateles is a very small town with very few public transportation options other than local bus services. In order to travel to surrounding suburbs and cities, many people rely on the nearby freeways and highways:
- Route 20
- NY State Route 359
- NY State Route 175
- Skaneateles is located in the country of the United States of America.
- Skaneateles is in the state of New York, which is normally shortened to NY.
- Skaneateles is located in the county of Onondaga.
- Skaneateles is a village and a town.
The current village mayor is Marty Hubbard; the current Town Supervisor is James Lanning.