Acupuncture Clinic in Solvay
- For athletes, acupuncture is a great treatment to increase strength and flexibility, improve reaction time, and enhance the adaptability of the body.
- Reduce frequency and intensity of tension headaches and migraines with acupuncture
- Acupuncture is a useful way to alleviate pain radiating down the leg, also known as sciatica.
Directions to Our Clinic
Our Orthopedic & Sports Acupuncture office is conveniently located on South Bay Road. To drive from Solvay, take Woods Road to Eerie Boulevard, exit west on Hiawatha Boulevard, then take Interstate-81 North to South Bay Road. Our clinic is on the left. It’s only a short 7.6 mile ride.
A suburb of Syracuse, Solvay is a small village within the town of Geddes. Located about 5 miles west of the city, the village is positioned along the southwestern end of Onondaga Lake. Originally, the village area was reserved for members of the Onondaga Tribe. Now, the village offers a lively and thriving community. For more information about the village, click here.
- Population: approximately 6,300
- Longitude/latitude: 43°3’26”N 76°12’53”W
- Zip code: 13209
- Interstate 690 borders the north eastern side of town, while Highway 5 runs along the southern side.
- The best place to stay near Solvay is the Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, a funky waterfront lodge located on West Kirkpatrick in Syracuse.
- The nearest airport is the Syracuse Hancock International Airport, located at 1000 Col Eileen Collins Boulevard about 7 miles northeast of Solvay.
Even though the village of Solvay is a small community, there are still many popular attractions to visit within the village and right outside the boundary lines.
Top 5 Things to Do in Solvay
- The New York State Fairgrounds are located right down the street at the Empire Expo Center on State Fair Boulevard.
- Enjoy some fun in the sun at the Onondaga Lake just 6 miles north via Liverpool Road.
- Explore the Solvay Tunnel on the outskirts of town near Century Drive, a historical landmark paying tribute to the days of the Solvay Process Company.
- Solvay Swimming Pool is a public swimming pool for all to enjoy on Gertrude Avenue.
- Singers Karaoke Club on Milton Avenue popping bar for nightlife featuring billiards, darts, video games, and sing-alongs.
- James Franklin Hyde, who was an American chemist and inventor credited with the launch of the silicone industry.
- Leonard Bacon, who was an American poet, literary critic, and translator.
- Richard Jay-Alexander, who is an American Broadway producer and director.
Solvay is bounded by Willis Avenue to the east, Highway 5 to the south, and the Geddes Brook to the west.
- Syracuse is to the east
- Westvale is located to the south
- Fairmount is to the southwest
Other Interesting Facts
- The Solvay Public Library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located at 615 Woods Road.
- The Erie Canal passes directly through the village.
- The Solvay Process Company was a pioneer chemical industry in the manufacture of soda ash. It was crucial for the development of Solvay.
Solvay is a fairly small town with public transportation options limited to the Centro and Amtrack. In order to travel to surrounding suburbs and cities, many people rely on the nearby freeways and highways:
- Interstate 690
- Highway 5
- NY State Route 297
- NY State Route 695
- Solvay is located in the country of the United States of America.
- Solvay is in the state of New York, which is normally shortened to NY.
- Solvay is located in the county of Onondaga.
- Incorporated in 1895, Solvay has a mayoral type of government.
- The current mayor of Solvay is Derek Baichi.